Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tiempo Libre

Happy to say I'm out of my sickness and back to being the old self. Ive been taking walks lately to get some exercise in the afternoons, and even ran a couple of times but I look like the village idiot. No one here runs, unless its an emergency. In this culture, there is rarely an occasion that would warrent that kind of response. I know I haven't been as upto date with these blogs as I'd like to be. When I do get a chance on the computer its divided between answering emails, skyping the family, trying to upload my photos, and writing this blog.
The english teacher that I'm working with is sick this week (she didn't get it from me), since I'm technically not supposed to work with the kids unless the teacher is there, I'll have the next few days off. I'm contemplating a extended weekend trip to San Pedro, about a days bus ride or a 1 and a half hour flight. Price shopping looks like it would be cheaper to fly. Two other voulenteers are going up there this Thursday so I might join them. If I'm not doing that, Daniel, Holly, and I will be exploring some local caves that are part of an undrground river. There have been endless things to entertain me here. It seems as though I'm daily finding some interesting new aspect about the valley I had no idea existed.
I recieved my first letters this past weekend, thanks Ashley and Alicia. I know there are more coming, but it does take about two and a half weeks. As I said, I have had allot of free time so I'll write back soon. Thank you for your prayers. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment