Thursday, October 8, 2009

Getting Down to Buisness


Wow, i have little time for this one, im now using the computer at the Municipalidad in Paiguano. This is the only computer ive found thus far that has relatively fast internet, but unfortunately I´m not allowed to upload my pictures. It really is getting frustrating, my photos are sitting on the desktops of two computers who arenen´t fast enough to upload them... this trip is a lesson in pacience. I continually find myself in seemingly trying situations with little information and energy to wait for my ride or what ever it may be. I have made a few new friends, other voulenteers. Abbie from Michigan, Holly and Louraine form the UK, and next week a guy my age named Daniel is also coming from England. We´ve got a nice little crew started. Things have started to settle down, but each day is no less of an adventure. All the schools in the valley are putting on a concert in English and since im workig at 6 school, the teacher and I have to put together 6 songs with the kids. Unfortunately, some children are being less than cooperative. They love it when I siing the songs for them, but I haven´t gotten it through to them that I don´t need the practice. (maybe i do) America my now three month old baby sister is becoming much the center of the family. In the afternoons I sing her Regina and a couple of times she has tried to sing with me. She likes jazz too, sometimes we dance to Jaco. I´ve never seen a cuter thing. The other day when we were singing and she saw her mom and said ¨mama¨in my arms. Those were her first words and I was holding her!
I have to go, write me.
God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. That's so tight Christian, you're it. God bless, I will continue to pray for you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christian,

    Sounds like you're settling in nicely down there with a wonderful family. Enjoy every moment and don't let technology get in the way! (remember it will always be here when you return;-). We'd love to see some shots if you get the chance, but you're doing a nice job painting pictures with your words!

    Take care,
    Russ

    ReplyDelete