Sunday, December 13, 2009

Big City Livin'

Glad to say that my trip to Santiago has been so far a success. I'll say it was an exhusting travel, but for the last day and a half I've been experiencing this town for all it's worth. I began my journey on friday evening after my last class at a school called Tres Cruses. I took the bus to Vacuna (between Pisco and LaSerena). I had to take out some money and passed the time before my night bus left at 10pm. O took allot of photos, hung around the plaza and went into some shops. Oh I also had the world's best empenada. Called the Neopolitana, it's made with chicken, tomato, ricotta, oregano, and olive oil. Mmm.
Unfortunately the bus ride was not as satisfying as I spent the first two and a half hours trying to fall asleep amist the booming of 90's pop music vidoes, there is no genre I now detest more. And in Chilean fashon, there were only thirty second clips pliced together, one after the other. I woke around 5am when the bus pulled into the station in Santiago, it was really cold which all of you are used to. I was expecting a summer morning. I spent an hour under a gigantic plastic christmas tree that serves as the main icon of this station during the holiday season waiting for the metro to open. Of coarse I misunderstood Leo's (the man im staying with)directions, we were both waiting for the other at ajacent terminals, and ended up not finding him for another hour. When all was said and done I took a long nap when I got to his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment